You may have heard a lot about traditional fuel sources of fire, such as wooden logs, coal, etc. But many unconventional fuel sources may be a viable option to light up your chimney or your BBQ grill. Wood pallets are made up of 100% natural hardwood. It is made by drying and grinding into sawdust, which is then pressurized at an extreme temperature to create compact pellets which are coated with wood’s natural lignin.
Wood pellets are also the most convenient source of fuel. The reason being, they produce less than 1% of ash.
Table of Contents
How are wood pellets made?
As stated earlier, wood pellets are the most convenient source of fuel not only because they generate a lesser quantity of ash, but also because their manufacturing process is quite simple and easy. After chipping the wood, it is chipped and then compressed into cylindrical small pellets. This entire process of manufacturing wood pellets is as simple as it can be.
On the contrary, premium wood pellets are made from natural food-grade hardwood. They are also a clean and healthy fuel source intended to cook great. You might wonder, how long does a 20lb bag of wood pellets last? These pellets burn at the rate of 1lb per hour. But this is also contingent on heat level and weather conditions.
Also, each pellet flavor has a unique taste and is inherently designed to complement other foods. These flavors are generally classified from mild to strong and work in combinations.
Let’s review some of the best natural hardwood grill pellets you can get for yourself.
Traeger Hickory All-Natural Hardwood Grill Pellets:
- Smoke science: These grill pellets are infused with an accurate amount of moisture which not only lets you achieve blue smoke, but also a clean dependable burn.
- Flavorful: These wood pellets infuse hardwood taste into the dishes which you grill, roast, braise.
- Natural Hardwood: These grill pellets are made from 100 % natural hardwood with no binding agents or fillers, which make them perfectly suitable.
- Quality control: These grill pellets are manufactured in a controlled environment to keep the quality up to the mark, and strict guidelines are implemented for smoke perfection.
- Highest quality standards.
- Guarantees blue smoke
- Made with high-quality food-grade material.
- Ensures excellent smoke and flavor
- Not any.
Traeger Grills Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets:
- Blue smoke: These grill pellets are made with the right amount of moisture content which lets you achieve blue smoke and a clean burn.
- Natural: These wood pellets are made from 100% natural hardwood which guarantees unmatched flavor.
- Wood-fired taste: These wood pellets infused hardwood taste into your food, be it smoke, bake, roast, etc.
- Sustainable: These power pellets are made of sawdust from existing green hardwood, and not a single tree is harvested during the process.
- Made from 100% natural hardwood.
- Does not contain any fillers or binding agents.
- Made with high-quality food-grade material
- Guarantees blue smoke
- Not any
Things to know before buying one:
Purchasing the right kind of wood pellets is extremely important. One makes sure that the wood pellets they are about to buy are made from 100% natural hardwood. Also, they must be food grade, which makes them suitable for grilling proposing. Apart from these following are some of the things you must keep in mind.
- Always take your weather conditions into account before you buy wooden pallets for yourself. This is because, in colder weather conditions, you might have to burn more wood pellets than in normal weather conditions.
- Make sure that they are food-grade pellets, using normal pellets may be harmful to grilling purposes.
- Do thorough research on the manufacturing company, whose wood pellets you intend to buy to make sure you are purchasing the right one. Try to look out for reviews of the product you intend to buy. Make sure it enjoys a positive reputation in the market. You can do this easily by going through online reviews.
- Also, consider the price factor. Some people may rule out the price factor when purchasing wood pellets, but this is not the right approach. Always make sure that you compare prices from different shops so that you may get the lowest price for that particular wood pellet.
- Do not let the advertisements play you. This Is because they are designed strategically to promote a certain brand. Always make sure that you are aware of all the pros and cons of the product you intend to buy.
- Make sure that the wood pellets are not made of plywood and do not include any fillers or any binding agents.
- Once you are done with purchasing, make sure that you store them in the right place and away from any sort of moisture
That being said, the importance of buying the right wood pellet cannot be stressed enough. Individual preferences do vary but if you are to take my word for it, then the products listed above in the articles are the best ones in their league.
Related Article: Harman Pellet Stove Reviews